With the election of 2012 only 13 months away, I’m beginning to worry. We’re living in a country where political discourse has devolved and the widespread polarization of our population is never more evident then when the subject of politics comes up among people from different classes, races or even cities. Before we slip back into the nasty habit of competitiveness at the cost of our national prosperity, I’d like to try a social/postal experiment called United We Send.
The goal is to acquire 2 post cards from every state. On one post card, you share with us a hope, wish or dream for America. The other post card will be displayed next to your message. I believe this project will highlight a thread of common purpose that we can all rally around, united as one.
All postcards will be displayed together at various venues in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area. Here are some additional details:
- 1 person/family/group from each state will send two postcards
- Postcard 1: Write a message for America on one.
- Postcard 2: Write nothing but the address below on the other because only the photo on the front will be seen.
- Send both to
United We Send
PO Box 213
Ocean City, NJ 08226
- The list below will let you know if your state has already been represented. Check Facebook for frequent updates regarding your states’ availability.
- The message on Postcard 1 can be signed by you or sent anonymously.
- The content can say whatever you’d like but remember the goal is build a sense of unity.
- Postcard 2 should prominently display the name of your state
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
New York: Courtney Eady North Carolina: Talula Love Bottoms
- North Dakota
Oregon Pennsylvania: Chris Ronin
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia